Since Rinn was born we have been trying to live healthier. While living in the Midwest we tried to cook lots of our own food: making our own humus, tortillas, bread, refried beans, and even baked beans (some recipes are better than others). Now that Tempie is here, our desire to live healthy is even greater. We are still make lots of our own food and are trying out new recipes all the time. We have found a local recycling center which was convenient for all of our packing supplies. Now we are beginning to look into buying healthy products such as cleaning supplies, laundry detergent, diapers, and toiletry items like toothbrushes, shampoo, soap, baby wash, etc.
There are many amazing resources out there and the research that have done scares me. Everyday I discover something new that I am shocked and appalled at. For instance, did you know that normal brass keys contain high amounts of lead (
healthy child) or that recently the labels from onesies by Carters, the baby clothing company that I love, caused chemical burns on many infants (only the 2007 line, but still! -
Zrecs). Yeah, why didn't I know this before now.
I'm going to try to post interesting finds and tips as I come across them.
No comments:
Post a Comment