Today, my daughter learned to cross her fingers. It is one of those things that I have no clue when kids "should" learn it nor was I ever really expecting her to learn it. It just completely shocked me. There she is crossing and uncrossing her fingers. Neat!
A bigger shock came yesterday while she was trying to climb in my lap. She was making some whinny noise so I told her to use her words. At which point she the looked me in the face and plainly said, "Please may I be picked up?" I guess she does listen when I correct her!
Rinn is consistently making 8 and 9 word sentences and grasping concepts that I thought would be way above her. She talks about going up and down when we are driving or how when she climbs up she is tall and when she is down she is short. She talks about everything from the helicopters to the cats and especially about whatever it is that she wants me to come and do with her (blocks, color, books, movie, food, etc.). Sometimes I feel like she talks constantly, but I am relieved about 2 times a day when she willingly, and usually unasked, goes off and plays quietly by herself. Lately, if she is having a little trouble sleeping you can hear her chatting away with whatever toy she desired to go to sleep with. She often does this rather than crying and eventually falls back asleep. Yey!
She is as tall as I am when I sit on the floor and so skinny I had to buy her a belt! Her very blond hair is gradually getting darker and perhaps will be gone before long if we cut it (it is at the middle of her shoulder blades!). She loves Lightening McQueen, ballet, and has started singing which is adorable! Her favorites are bitsy pider (the itsy bisty spider), teapot spout (I'm a little teapot), ABCs (the alphabet song), sheep song (Baa, Baa, Black Sheep), and piggie market (This little piggy went to market).
Lately, she has been afraid of kids that she doesn't know, especially boys. This is probably because she has been shoved, kicked, hit, smacked with balls, ran over with a kid bike, had her hand stepped on, etc. at a gym we have been attending. (These were the events that I could not get to in time to stop.) She doesn't understand why these kids would do these things to her; kind of a "what have I ever done to them" mentality. Poor thing; she'll get over it soon enough.
She has hit the 2 mentality early and I would love any recommendations of activities or survival techniques.
I hope you are all enjoying winter!
No comments:
Post a Comment