The first break we found a Wendy's where lots of older people were having breakfast. Several times during our trip the first break coincides with the town's elderly getting together and yaking it up over coffee. It is fun to see them interact and to think of my own grandparents. Our next stop happened to have free wifi (yay!) and an air show. We had a lot of fun watching the Blue Angels fly right past the windows of the restaurant! You could hear them coming before they zoomed right by. I kept exclaiming, "Oh look at that plane! Oh wow!" Then I realized that Rinn was doing practically the same things...about the semi-trucks that were driving by. :) She got into the planes after a while, though they frightened her. I didn't realize how much it had effected her until the Angels had finished. We were getting in the car when some birds flew over and she cringed and ducked. I felt so bad that she was afraid of the birds because she thought they were airplanes!



The rest of the drive was beautiful and pleasant. We got farther than we were originally thinking of going which was nice. The last pic is of a truck from the same company that we used. We recommend them. It was fun to count the number that passed us on the road.
No comments:
Post a Comment