Saturday, July 15, 2006

Week's Roundup

Tooth - The tooth is here, the child is less cranky, and the parents are rejoicing as a result.

When it first broke through, the tooth gave her no pain that we could tell, but the next day - Aiy Aiy Aiy - pain, tears, crankiness, clinginess, etc. It was worse than after the immunizations, which means really bad. Poor Rinn, she didn't feel like doing much other than munching on whatever she could get her hands on. Whether it was her purple pretzel (made for teething) or my shoulder, it didn't quite matter as long as it made her feel better. Now that the tooth is completely broken through it appartently is less painful.

Mr. Speck and I were talking, trying to see if we remembered what it was like to have teeth come in. I remember some of my permanent teeth coming in, but I remember more of the baby teeth falling out then the tooth that was coming in. Do any of you remember?? Please let us know if you did. Anyways, we're very glad to have our happy little one back, you know, the one who sleeps and doesn't have to be held ALL THE TIME! Yeah, very happy.

Curtain - Everytime I lay and look at the curtain, I remember the wonderful event (see earlier blog post). Often this week, Rinn and I have just gazed at it fluttering in the wind. I have discovered that I love the wind. I grew up where there was no wind (80% of the time) and then I was afraid of it, but now I love it. I'm glad we moved here so that I could learn to appreciate more of God's world.

5M - It's wonderful. New things all the time. I'm having a hard time keeping up. Like when she rolled off the bed or when she fell on her toy or when her Papa jumped up and let her fall on her head - new things all the time. (She's completely fine by the way.) I'm appreciating where she is now and looking forward to what is ahead. It's so much fun!

That's all for now!!

No comments: