Easter was wonderful. Cold, early, tiring, but wonderful. The Great Vigil is our favorite service of the whole year. It is so still and quiet in the early morning with only the occasional bird chirp and Father David reading - it's beautiful.
This year after the dedication of the baptismal water (there were 4 baptisms this year - congrats Autumn and Hunter of the Nick Family!!!!) during the part I believe is called the renewal of vows, F. David "sprinkles" everyone with the water (Jenn, anyone, is this right?). Well, F. David did not use the regular device (sorry-don't know the name) to sprinkle everyone and instead used a small cypress branch from a tree out front. Poor Betty W. was the first person he "sprinkled" and he thwaped (the sound it made!) her good in the face with a TON of water! She took it like she humorously takes everything (She's great! I love her!) and makes some comment (quite funny, but I don't remember). Then he proceeded to do likewise to everyone else. It made a good mess! I think he had too fun doing it!
All of you lazy people who slept in missed one of the funniest moments at church in a long time. Probably the funniest since one of the under 2 kids took off down the middle aisle and almost made it to the altar before the parent caught up. Ahh, the reasons I love B.S.!!
No comments:
Post a Comment