Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Top 5 Recommendations for New Mom's

Ok, I know that I have not been a mom for a long time (yet), but I have discovered somethings that I can not do without! Here are my top 5:

  1. Good Friends - to laugh and cry with, nothing can beat it!
  2. The Nursing Mother's Companion - the absolute best book on nursing that I have seen. It calms every one of my fears about nursing that have arisen, which I think is impressive. I think this is a must for every nursing mom's shelf. Check it out here on Amazon.
  3. The Happiest Baby on the Block - originally recommended by our Parenting class at the hospital; we watched the video on the same subject and we were sold! The author can quiet any cranky baby in a minute by using the 5 simple tricks. It was amazing to watch and I can say that we use them and it works! Check it out here on Amazon.
  4. My Brest Friend - a pillow that puts all other pillows to shame. I tried nursing Rin and then I got this pillow and nursing became signifcantly easier! It was so nice to not have to worry about positioning her, but to be able to focus on her latch and other important things. This pillow is comfortable and provides excellent back support! I love it! I have never tried the Boppy, but I hear that My Brest Friend kicks it's booty. Check it out here.
  5. Baby Bjorn - or any other type of baby carrier. I prefer the Bjorn because of my back, but really anything that allows you to walk and hold the baby with your hands free is a miracle! The Bjorn is great for nighttime shushing sessions (trying to get the baby to sleep). We've even turned the word "Bjorn" in to a verb: "You should Bjorn Rin now.", "The Bjorning works great!", and our favorite "Bjornin' in the mornin'".

Ok, now I want to know what your top 5 are (unless you're not a mom, because, well, you know that would be weird.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. A Helpful and supportive husband
2. Other mom friends (like you :)
3. A laid-back attitude
4. My Breast Friend!
5. Starbucks