Saturday, March 11, 2006

...And Someone Got a Bath!

Poop everywhere. But the story begins long before.

I had an appointment with my OB, Dr. H, on Tuesday. Well, this would be a normal event except I had not ever gone out on my own with Rinbug, let alone drive an hour there, have my appointment, and drive an hour back - all by myself! Needless to say, I was quite nervous; nervous that I would be in the doctor's office with her screaming while the doctor is trying to tell me something.

Well, I was going to prepare everything the night before, but she was sick that whole day, so I let her sleep. Silly new mom mistake! She was naturally up all night which meant we were too (yey for parenting). So just after her 8am feed, I thought that I might be able to get a nap before I got ready (since I had been up all night!). Upon completing this thought, I noticed that my arm was wet. "Was I sweating?" I thought. Nope. She had pooped so much and so hard that she had skidmarked herself practically up to her neck! There went my nap. Her onesie, the blanket under her onesie, the nursing pillow-cover under the blanket, the cushion underneath cover, my arm, and three diapers - all soiled. Bath time!

So you'd think the fun would end there. Well, of course not - I'm a mom! After the bath, I was drying her when I felt something dripping down my leg. Was it water since I had just given her a bath? Of course not! Pee all down my front. Luckily, I did not have to give her another bath.

Poor Mr. Speckperson recieves a panicked phone call, "Come home for lunch early! Poo everywhere! Please help! Need to get ready, but pee down my front! Help!"

Well, everything gets cleaned (magic!) and we get to the appointment. Orin has been great so far. I get into the office and get escorted straight in (yey!) and directed to undress from the bottom down. Orin was still asleep so I do as directed. Well, I'm sitting on the table with the paper covering the essentials, waiting for the doctor, and she wakes up crying. Panicked, I grab the stroller handle and jossle her back and forth. Please God let her fall asleep before the doctor comes in and sees, well, most everything. Please God!

I have to say, God was very good to me - the moment before the doctor came in she fell asleep. Praise God!!! And the doctor fixed everything and we got home safely. The first big dramatic mom-daughter only outing was over! Yey!

The End.
:)

2 comments:

Elena Johnston said...

Aughhh! Poop! Always ready to produce drama at the least opportune moments. Our little girl has helped me to discover what I like to call the Persephone Principle.

The magnitude of the blowout is in direct proportion to the cuteness of the outfit.

Corollary:

The frequency of blowouts is in inverse proportion to the number of clean onesies in the drawer.

(And since I am easily entertained, I simply have to share that my verification word is "daipma" which just seems fitting for all this mamatalk about diapers.)

Mrs. Speckperson said...

Oh, I'm still laughing about it! :) Yey poop drama!